Friday, May 17, 2013

J. Fuego Delirium belicoso

J. Fuego Delicious Delirium is one of those maduros that keep me hooked to the Dark Side. Brazilian maduro wrappers are one of my favorites as well, like on the CAO Brazilia, Nub Maduro, and Panacea Black label.

J Fuego Delirium Belicoso
I'll occasionally get an unbiased olfactory opinion for my own calibration. Tonight's smelling panel is comprised of my children; I let them each take a whiff of the unlit cigar before I tuck them into bed and retire to the garage.  Their impressions are, from oldest to youngest: Chocolate, Vanilla, Cinnamon, and Chocolate.

Tonight's Delirium has spent four years in the humi, stash aging nicely. The dark, veiny Brazilian wrapper is a maduro fiend's dream. After clipping, the cigar has a fairly free draw through the Honduran and Nicaraguan fillers, and despite that does burn decently. White ash hangs out over an inch while puffing away.

Sweet leather, hint of cocoa dominate much of the profile once lit, with occasional light coffee and berry notes. A woody spice becomes apparent at we get near the nub. From start to finish a delicious, almost medium-bodied cigar.

Delirium is a great smoke fresh, and a spectacular smoke when given a little age. That's if you can hide them from yourself long enough to age them a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Jesus makes great cigars for working shmoes. The Origen originals are a regular in my humidor

    ReplyDelete